COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES HANDLING SCHEME
16.1 Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. subscribes to the complaints and disputes handling scheme for the Dutch Legal Profession [Klachten- en geschillenregeling Advocatuur].
16. 2 Any dispute as might possibly arise from the contracting or execution of a commission, including disputes regarding fees, may be settled in accordance with the rules of the Dutch Legal Profession Disputes Committee [Reglement Geschillencommissie]. By concluding an agreement with Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. the client accepts the applicability of the complaints and disputes handling scheme for the Dutch Legal Profession.
16. 3 If the client is discontented with (part of) the handling of its case, it must notify Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V., c/o Complaints Department [Afdeling klachtenbehandeling] in writing, stating motivation, before submitting its complaint to the Dutch Legal Profession Disputes Committee.
16. 4 The client must submit its complaint to Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. within three months from the time by which client became acquainted with, or could in reason have become acquainted with, the handling or failure to handle that gave rise to its submitting the complaint.
16. 5 The party hearing and handling the complaint will thereupon enter into consultation with the client and the assigned lawyer in order to consider possible amicable settlement of the dispute. If amicable settlement appears impossible, the party hearing and handling the complaint will set out to the client the course of the subsequent complaints procedure. Within four weeks from the receipt of the complaint, Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. will formulate a written solution to be sent to the client. If the complaint has not been settled, or settled to full satisfaction within the term set for this purpose, the client may submit its complaint to the Disputes Committee for the [Dutch] Legal Profession [Geschillencommissie Advocatuur].
16. 6 The client may submit its complaint to the Disputes Committee for the [Dutch] Legal Profession not later than twelve months after the written response from Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. This possibility expires after this period.
16. 7 The Disputes Committee for the [Dutch] Legal Profession is competent to judge on complaints regarding the quality of the services provided and the amount of the fees.
16. 8 Elfi Letselschade Advocaat B.V. may submit to the Disputes Committee fee statements still due for payment.